Information Observed or Collected Through Technology
a. Navigational Information. Navigational information, such as the following, is collected by us and our third party service providers when you use our Sites:
- browser type and version
- operating system
- the Internet service provider used to access our Sites
- IP Address
- use of links to arrive at our Sites and the IP address from which you arrived
- web pages requested and viewed
- time spent on our Sites
- for our mobile websites and apps, technical information about the device used, such as screen size, cookie support by the device, and how images may appear
b. Location Information. Our Sites and emails include features that may require collecting different types of location information (such as IP address and postal code) that we then use for the specific feature you have selected, such as:
- Where to Buy and Store Locator. Our Sites may allow you to search for the nearest store that offers the Stanley Black & Decker product that you want and whether such nearby stores have certain of our items in stock. If you access one of our Sites through a mobile device and you have enabled location-based services, specific location information may be collected for these features. If you access these features through a desktop device, you may be able to choose to have your browser provide us your location information to respond to your request. The specificity of the desktop device location information can vary depending on the browser you are using and how you are connected to the internet.
- Email. Our emails may use your IP Address to determine the postal code where you are located when you open the email. This allows us to tailor content to you, such as a map of nearby stores carrying our products. The specificity of the location can vary depending on the device used to open our emails.
If you do not consent to have your browser provide location information or you disable location-based services on your mobile device, we may ask you to manually select the region where you are located, or to enter your zip or postal code; if you chose not to provide this information you may not be provided with content specific to your location and some features of the Sites may not be available. See the “What choices do you have over how Stanley Black & Decker uses your information?” section below for the choices you have regarding collection of location information.
c. Cookies and other similar technology. We and our third party service providers use “cookies.” Cookies assign a unique identification to your device and are typically stored on your device by your web browser. We may also use pixel tags (also known as web beacons, web bugs, and clear GIFs) on the Sites and in emails. A pixel tag is a nearly invisible pixel-sized graphic image on a webpage or in an email message.
The information we and our third party service providers collect through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technology includes the following:
- your interactions with our Sites and with our advertisements
- the time of your visit to our Sites
- items you put into your shopping cart and whether you purchase any or all of those items
- confirmation when you open the email from us, including the time you open the email and whether you click on any links in the email
- sites you visit after visiting one of our Sites