EVERYDAY COMPANION SCRUBBERS CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
BLACK AND DECKER EVERYDAY COMPANION CONTEST
RESIDENTS OF THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, CANADA ARE NOT ELIGIBILE TO ENTER THIS CONTEST.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, Inc.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to persons who are legal residents of Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) and have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry in this Contest. Employees of Sponsor and its affiliates (individually and collectively, “Contest Entities”), each of their respective immediate family members (spouse, children, siblings, parents, grandparents, grandchildren and step family members) and/or people living in same household (related or not) are not eligible to enter this Contest. Eligibility is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial and local laws and regulations, as well as the rules adopted in view of said laws. Void where prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER:
The prize will be shown in an image on Sponsor’s social media page for this Giveaway. Each entrant’s comment does not need to be correct to win. Each eligible entry submitted is referred to as an “Entry”. Limit of one (1) Entry per person. Video files and photos are not an acceptable format for entry in this Giveaway. Sponsor is not responsible for any unauthorized use of an entrant’s submitted entry materials by Facebook, Twitter or Instagram Inc. and its affiliates or by Facebook, Twitter or Instagram® users. All Entries must reflect the entrant’s personal experience and cannot contain any objectionable or inappropriate content, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Upon completion of the above steps, each eligible entry will be referred to as an “Entry”. Entries must not include any of the following: (a) non-participating individuals or entities; (b) content or materials that infringe or violate any law; (c) objectionable content or language that is crude, inappropriate or offensive to others; (d) anyone who is under the age of majority in the province or territory where such person(s) reside(s); and (e) any content that shows undue risk of harm to any person or property or depicts anything that is unsafe or could be harmful to entrant or others. Sponsor will review each entry to confirm it is consistent with the theme of this Contest. If any entry submitted is determined to be ineligible by Sponsor, for any reason, it will be disqualified; disqualification is not subject to appeal. Entry materials will be publicly available on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter; IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR ENTRY USED IN THE MANNER DESCRIBED HEREIN, DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST. Sponsor and Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are not responsible for any unauthorized use of an entrant’s Entry. Contest Entities are not responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by any entrant in connection with entering this Contest. By entering this Contest, each entrant represents and warrants that the Entry is original, they own all right and title thereto, it does not infringe any third party intellectual property and that no one in such Entry is below the minimum age required by this Contest. Contest Entities shall not be responsible for any lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected Entries and such Entries will be disqualified. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Facebook, Instagram and Twitter® account. If there is a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the Facebook, Instagram and Twitter® account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to a Facebook, Instagram or Twitter ® account by Facebook, Instagram or Twitter ®. Tampering with the entry process is prohibited and any Entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be disqualified. Any attempt by any entrant to enter by using multiple/different Facebook, Instagram or Twitter® accounts, identities or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified from entering this Contest. Forged entries or entries generated by any commercial subscription notification, script, macro, automated system entering service or through other third-party websites or software programs will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted or unintelligible for any reason, including but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, will be disqualified.
3. RANDOM DRAWING: The random drawing will be held after the Entry Period concludes. The one (1) Entry drawn will be declared the potential “Winner”. Entrants are not required to be present to win. Odds of winning depend on the total number of Entries received. AN ENTRANT IS NOT THE OFFICIAL WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN ADVISED BY SPONSOR THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
4. NOTIFICATION AND CLAIM OF PRIZE: Each potential Winner will be notified by Sponsor via email within four (4) business days after the judging is completed. Each potential Winner must respond to Sponsor and claim the prize by returning to Sponsor a completed and personally signed Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Declaration and Release”) within three (3) business days after such notification or such potential Winner’s prize will be forfeited. The Declaration and Release confirms potential Winner’s compliance with these Official Rules and releases the Released Parties (defined below) from any liability in connection with such potential Winner’s entry in this Contest and/or their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize. In addition, each potential Winner must correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skills-based question without mechanical or other assistance no later than five (5) business days after Sponsor’s first notification attempt. If, despite reasonable efforts by Sponsor any potential Winner does not respond to such notification from Sponsor to accept prize, does not return the Declaration and Release to Sponsor and successfully complete the skills-based question within the designated time period(s), if notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, if any potential Winner is determined to be ineligible or otherwise disqualified from this Contest (including for failure to correctly answer the skills-based question) and/or has not complied with these Official Rules or declines prize for any reason, such potential Winner will be disqualified and forfeit prize and Sponsor may, but shall not be required to, select an alternate potential Winner based on the entrant with the next highest score by the Judging Panel. Sponsor shall have no liability for any prize winning notification or documentation relating to this Contest that is lost, intercepted, delayed in delivery or not received by any potential Winner for any reason. To be declared a “Winner” each potential Winner must meet all eligibility requirements, fully comply with these Official Rules and correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skills-based question without mechanical or other assistance. Prize award is subject to verification by Sponsor. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF A PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN ADVISED BY SPONSOR THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
5. PRIZE: The prize is one (1) BLACKANDDECKER prize pack consisting of two (2) Dustbuster Hand Vacuum Wet/Dry Titanium and Aqua HWVI225J01 (ARV $60.00 CAD)
|DAY||PRIZE ITEMS||TOTAL RETAIL VALUE OF PRIZE|
Dustbuster® Hand Vacuum Wet/Dry Titanium and Aqua
|DAY 2|| Scumbuster Pro® Rechargeable Powered Scrubber with Charging Stand
|DAY 3|| Grimebuster
™Pro - Rechargeable Powered Scrubber with Charging Stand
The approximate retail value of all prizes to be awarded is $250 CAD. The prize will be shipped to each Winner up to 12 weeks after he/she is declared a Winner by Sponsor. Sponsor will ship the prize via regular ground mail to each Winner’s physical address (cannot ship to a post office box) as provided at the time of entry. Each Winner is responsible for all taxes on the prize. Contest Entities shall not be responsible for any taxes, fees, costs, or expenses incurred by any entrant in connection with their claim and/or use of the prize awarded. The prize is non-transferable, non-assignable and not redeemable for credit or cash and no substitution will be made except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion.
6. CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees on behalf of him/herself and each of his/her heirs, executors, administrators, representatives, insurers, successors and assigns: (A) to release and hold harmless Contest Entities, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, Inc., Contest prize suppliers and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, designees, agents, mandataries, representatives, shareholders, affiliates, owners and licensees (individually and collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, rights claims and causes of action that entrant may have or which may arise against the Released Parties for any illness, injury, death, loss, litigation or personal or property damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s entry in this Contest and/or their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize; (B) to be bound by these Official Rules and waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in this Contest itself; and (C) that Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to any entrant’s or third person’s computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from this Contest, for the theft of the prize or mail, for any malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from this Contest at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Sponsor makes no warranties or conditions, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties and conditions, express, implied or collateral, concerning any prize or any portion thereof furnished in connection with this Contest. These Official Rules cannot be modified in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor and any such amendment will be located on the Entry Site. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Headings of paragraphs in these Official Rules are for the convenience of reference only, and do not form a part hereof, and in no way define, limit, modify or construe the meanings of Sponsor, scope of these Official Rules or the intent of any paragraph hereof. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor is not responsible for any electronic or typographical error in the printing or reproduction of these Official Rules or any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to print or online advertising. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Official Rules or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to print or online advertising, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
7. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) from each Winner for Sponsor and its designees to use Winner’s name, likeness, biographical information, photograph (whether still or in video), image, voice, address (city and province/territory), prize information and any statements, testimonial or remarks made about winning a prize or entering this Contest (“Attributes”) for advertising and promotional purposes and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission or approval. Each Winner agrees to release Sponsor and its designees from all claims arising out of such Attributes.
8. DISQUALIFICATION/FORCE MAJEURE: Subject to applicable laws, Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate this Contest if it determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that this Contest is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of this Contest as contemplated herein. In the event an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding the prize or continuing with this Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labour dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, provincial or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to applicable laws Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate this Contest, subject to applicable laws. If this Contest is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor’s Judging Panel will, if possible, select the potential Winners from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such judging review shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
9. DISPUTES: ThIS Contest is governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws of the PROVINCE OF ontario AND the FEDERAL LAWS OF CANADA APPLICABLE THEREIN. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS, ENTRANT AGREES THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND HEREBY CONSENTS TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE province of ontario AND FEDERAL COURTS OF CANADA. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM BY ENTRANT SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LEGAL FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUE OR OPPORTUNITY OR FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
10. OFFICIAL RULES; WINNERS: To obtain these Official Rules or Winners’ names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 6275 Millcreek Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 7K6 Canada, Attn.: P. Fudali/ BLACK AND DECKER EVERYDAY COMPANION Contest, and specify whether you request the Official Rules or Winners’ names. All such requests must be received by Sponsor by February 6th 2017.